- All sizes of Crosby G-2160/S-2160 Wide Body Shackles are Quenched and Tempered for maximum strength.
- Forged alloy steel from 7 thru 300 metric tons.
- Cast alloy steel from 400 thru 1550 metric tons.
- Proof tested as follows:
- 7 thru 75 metric tons and 200 thru 300 metric tons: 2 x WLL.
- 125 metric tons: 1.6 x WLL.
- 400 metric tons and higher: 1.33 x WLL.
- All ratings are in metric tons, embossed on side of bow.
- G-2160, (7 thru 55t), are Hot Dip Galvanized and pins are painted red.
- G-2160, (75t and larger), bows are furnished Dimetcoted, and pins are
- Dimetcoted, then painted red.
- S-2160 bows and pins are painted red.
- Shackles, 30t and larger, are RFID EQUIPPED.
- Can be used to connect Synthetic Web Slings, Synthetic Round Slings or Wire Rope Slings.
- Increase in shackle bow radius provides minimum 58% gain in sling bearing surface and eliminates need for a thimble.
- Increases usable sling strength minimum of 15% and greatly improves life of wire rope slings.
- Approved for use at -40° C (-40° F) to 204° C (400° F).
- Bow and bolt are certified to meet charpy impact testing of 42 Joules (31 f •lbf) min. avg. at -20° C (-4° F).
- All 2160 shackles are individually proof tested and magnetic particle inspected. Crosby certification available at time of order.
- Shackles requiring ABS, Lloyds and other certifications are available upon special request and must be specified a time of order.
- Type approved and certification to DNV Rules for Certification o Lifting Appliances, and are produced in accordance with DNV MSA requirements. Databook is provided that includes required documents.
- Serialization / Identification
- Material Testing (Physical / Chemical / Charpy)
- Proof Testing
- Look for the Red Pin® . . . the mark of genuine Crosby quality.
Click here to download or print the Crosby G-2160/S-2160 Wide Body Shackles product sheet.
Do not exceed the working load limit; read all warning information at www.bcwirerope.com/warnings prior to operation.