- Crosby G-2140/S-2140 Alloy Bolt Type Shackles are Quenched and Tempered.
- Alloy bows, Alloy bolts.
- Forged Alloy Steel 2 thru 200 metric tons. Cast Alloy Steel 250 thru 400 metric tons.
- Meets performance requirements of Grade 8 shackles.
- Working Load Limit is permanently shown on every shackle.
- 30, 40, 55, and 85 metric ton shackle bows are available galvanized or self colored with bolts that are galvanized and painted red.
- Sizes 3/8 inch and below are mechanically galvanized.
- 120, 150, 175 metric ton shackle bows are hot-dip galvanized; bolts are Dimetcoted and painted red.
- 400 metric ton shackle bows are Dimetcoted; bolts are Dimetcoted and painted red.
- Sizes 1-1/2 and larger are RFID EQUIPPED.
- Approved for use at -40° C (-40° F) to 204° C (400° F).
- Shackles are Quenched and Tempered and can meet DNV impact requirements of 42 Joules (31 ft•lbf) at -20° C (-4° F).
- All sizes are individually proof tested to 2.0 times the Working Load Limit.
- Refer to Crosby Catalog for Crosby COLD TUFF® shackles that meet the additional requirements of DNV rules for certification of lifting applications – Loose Gear.
- Shackles 200 metric tons and larger are provided as follows.
- Serialized bolt and bow
- Material certification (chemical
- Magnetic particle inspected.
- Certification must be requested at time of order .
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification, ductility , design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. 2140 shackles meet other critical performance requirements including impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26.
- Type Approval certification in accordance with ABS 2016 Steel Vessel Rules and 2016 ABS Guide for Certification of Lifting Appliances. Certificates available when requested at time of order and ma include additional charges.
- Look for the Red Pin® . . . the mark of genuine Crosby quality.
Click here to download or print the Crosby G-2140/S-2140 Alloy Bolt Type Shackles product sheet.
Do not exceed the working load limit; read all warning information at www.bcwirerope.com/warnings prior to operation.